Tuesday 7 February 2017

Luxury Purse vs. Inexpensive Clothes




In my life, my favourite things fashion wise have always been shoes and bags. I always invest more in these items rather than the clothes because they last longer. I even go as far to plan outfits around the purse and shoes I am wanting to wear. So when I budget for a new purse or shoes, I always consider how much I will be spending on clothes that month. 
When entering a new season I try to find items on sale or just inexpensive basics to fill the void. If I can't then I will maybe have to change the outfits I'll be wanting to rock to get the new item. This outfit is one that went really well into that philosophy.
 I wanted the focus to be the Saint Laurent Blogger bag in most of my outfits this year. This purse was my "big buy" of the year, and I don't regret this choice at all. I think a beautiful purse can really change everything in an outfit. Sometimes the bag is to add shape, other times it's to add a nice personal touch. The gold hardware on the purse makes it more of the statement while the shape and size adds a minimalist touch. It's not over bearing. 
The way I feel when I carry a purse is the main reason I chose them over clothes. I find for me sometimes I won't love my clothes but I'll always love my purses. 
In short, my purses and shoes will always be my Lux items. I find them to be able to change my perspective and put me in a better mood. I believe there will always be certain items you are drawn too that will have this affect on you. 
Budget and change plans for what you love. I can always fall back on a beautiful inexpensive skater skirt in any colour and a neutral top to fill my closet void, whats yours? 
God bless! 

Outfit Details 
Top: H&M 
Skirt: H&M 
Tights: Hue 
Shoes: Micheal Kors 
Bag: Saint Laurent 


1 comment:

  1. Emily
    I would love to see you do some dangling videos you have nice feet and terrific legs. I just want you to know that you are a gorgeous woman i would like to have fun with and making you a elegant dinner

    ReplyDelete